Coursework Submission Checklist.
Tick each box to help yourself to submit coursework which hits the basic requirements of the task:
- Have you written the full title of the essay in the Header to appear on each page?
- Have you written your name in the header on each page?
- Have you written a detailed plan for the essay prior to beginning to write?
- Have you kept to the suggested word count? You will lose marks if you do not. 10% under or over the word count is usually OK. If you are not sure, check with your teacher?
- Have you read and responded to all aspects of the assignment brief? Have you read and understood the assessment criteria?
- Have you demonstrated that you can write critically? Have you engaged with quotations and zoomed in to specific points of language or form in your discussion? (How, what, why or PEARL).
- Have you maintained an academic tone throughout your work? Have you tried to avoid using the same words over and over again?
- Have you proof-read your work and used spellcheck software to check your spelling and grammar?
- Can you confirm that the work submitted is not plagiarised – that it is written in your own words, not copied and appropriately referenced?