Year 11 completed a silent debate today- Compare the presentation of parenthood between Poem at 39 and one other from the collection…
I attach the PDF table tops for them to download and anyone else to use.
- Using Piano allows the discussion of the female to male and male to female poem
- Men seem to advise and teach in order to facilitate escaping the nest (If, P@39 and so on)
- Women can be seen as more nurturing and nest building (Piano) though possibly also stifling
- In Do not go Gentle, the parent has become the child
- We recognised the need to establish clear comment – one idea was to view the foetus in PB4B as the embryonic Alice Walker and to consider whether her fears have been realised.
- Language strucutre and form begins with form…. free verse or clear patterns… why?? and moved onto discussion of the figurative over the plainly descriptive.