This is a great post. It is not based on the Edexcel Certificate, so please be aware if you are one of my students, but all that is said here is of use. I have blogged and podcasted in this area, but I think it is always good to get a seocnd opinion!
The Poetry Across Time exam will take place on Thursday 22 May at 1.30pm. The exam consists of:
Section A – Conflict Poetry
- Choose from two questions – answer only 1.
- Compare 2 poems.
- 45 minutes
Section B – Unseen Poem
- Answer the question.
- 30 minutes.
In order to hit the assessment objectives you must:
- AO1: Respond to texts critically and imaginatively; select and evaluate relevant textual detail to illustrate and support interpretations.
- AO2: Explain how language, structure and form contribute to writers’ presentation of ideas, themes.
- It will be a poem you have probably never seen before
- You are being tested on your ability to “read and respond” thoughtfully
- You are thinking about what the writer is trying to say
- Every word of the poem will count – easy to focus on title/first line/last line.
Same approach every time:
- What is this poem about as a…
View original post 515 more words